I need help with an unknown disease with chronic pain
JPurd posted:
I'm new to this so I'm sorry if my post is long, but I'm at my wits end and I just don't know what to do anymore.[br>[br>I'm a 22 year old male and have been experiencing chronic pain since I was 15. The pain is mostly in my thighs and lower back, and occasionally my triceps. Its hard to describe how it feels; there will be sharp, long lines of pain that run down my thighs and/or an overall pain that covers the whole area, it fluctuates in intensity and frequency but its there everyday. I also involuntarily curl my wrists and feet all of the time without realizing, I think it's because of this constriction I feel in my muscles or tendons.[br>I have been to every doctor under the sun and they just cannot find out what the problem is.[br>When I was 17 I had a biopsy done of a thigh muscle (which was negative) and they gave me vicodin after. I had never taken painkillers before so when I took these I was surprised that my all of my pain went away. My plan was to take these until a doctor can find some kind of treatment, but I just finished going to a doctor at the NYU Medical Hospital (who taught most of the other doctors I had been to) and he cannot find the problem so now I've given up on that. Every doctor agrees that it is an autoimmune disease, possibly multiple diseases.[br>I have other symptoms too, such as muscle spasms (that aren't painful, but they're very frequent and isolated).[br>This tense, constricting feeling that I get in my legs is sometimes worse than the pain itself because it makes lay or sit in a contorted position. The vicodin takes care of that as well.[br>I've been taking 1 Norco (10mg Hydrocodone, 325mg Acetaminophen) 4 times a day for about 5 years now.[br>It fogs my mind too much and I can't focus in school. I've always been a fairly intelligent person and my grades were good; now I'm failing because I can't pay attention while my mind is clouded and because the pain is distracting, but I think the main reason is that after all these years I've become very depressed and pessimistic, especially when I think about how I will probably have this pain for the rest of my life. I can't maintain a relationship because I just want to lay in bed all day so I can deal with the pain in a controlled environment such as my room.[br>[br>Currently I'm weaning myself off the Vicodin (because I desperately want my clarity back) and I plan on going to a film academy for school by the end of the year and I can't be on these drugs while I'm there, but I don't know if I can succeed while in such pain.[br>Does anybody have a similar situation? Does anyone know of any supplements that might help with this problem? [br>I'm giving it all I have to get off these painkillers but the pain is too intense sometimes.[br>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[br>Thank you for your time.