Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I just found out I have a infection in my L 1+2 discs
Marla54_ posted:
I have discitis and also I am a disabled nurse but this is very rare. It started out with a dr putting my Medtronic pain pump right in the middle of my Granuloma which I did not know I had until I got to Ind Univ Hosp and here I had been falling down for 2 yrs. Also have fibro, spinal stenosis, deg disc disease but 2.5 yrs ago I had the surgery for the GraNULOMA AND MY DR DID mri with contrast to see if we could get the pump reconnected and the RFadiologist calls him and tells him 2 of my discs are infected. They have to b iopsy the lumbar and then I have to see a Infectious Disease Dr and go on IV antibiotics for 1 yr. How does this happen. The old dr did leave a intrathecaL CATHETER IN ME THAT HE COULD NEVER FIND. iNDIANA uNIV hSP IN iNIANAPOLIS, iN SAVED MY LIFE BUT NOW i AM WONDERING IF THIS IS A FORM OF OSTEOPMYLITIS. THANKS
mARLA54_

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.