Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Pain
bsw0376 posted:
I have been having debilitating headaches and have pain from an untreated whiplash injury. Also, it makes me dizzy, nauseous, and shaky. I don't know what is wrong and I am miserable.

peskypain responded:
Hi there...

Unfortunately no one online can diagnose you so you really need to go see a Dr. and see what they have to say. How long ago were you diagnosed with whiplash?

I would start with a Primary Care Dr. and they can refer you to a Neurologist to hopefully help with the headaches...

Good luck.

Peter Abaci, MD responded:
These are common symptoms seen after high impact whiplash injuries. Your injury may have resulted in significant inflammation around the structures in your neck potentially causing muscle tightness and spasming as well joint stiffness and pain between the vertebrae which can trigger headaches and other symptoms. Treatments that can help reduce this inflammation and eventually lead to better movement may help reduce these symptoms.

A check up with a physician would be a good place to start to make sure that you have had the appropriate testing done.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.