Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Herpes vs. Sciatica vs. ?
Idamae posted:
Thanks for the input. I am taking Neurontin, Norco and a host of other meds and supplements. The Neurontin is new this last month. I'm not sure how much it's helping. If these are HSV2 symptoms I'm feeling, they are new as I rarely have outbreaks and I hadn't attributed my pain to herpes before. I'm grasping her. I have a long hx so I didn't include my whole story, but I did have spinal fusion at S1-L3 5 years ago and I have been doing remarkably well. I actually do some elder care and I think that has helped my rehab. I do Qi Gong and walk frequently.I had extreme sciatica and spinal stenosis before my back fusion, which put me to bed for a whole summer. This pain doesn't seem like sciatic pain because it's in a completely different place and seems much more on the surface., I haven't been actively treating the HSV2 since it didn't seem to be a problem. But I guess I need to see a neurologist and ask these questions. By the way, I live in a SMALL community with one small hospital. We just got a new neurologist in the community after having one very marginal neurologist for 30 years. I appreciate your responses because it helps to clarify my thinking. Thanks, Idamae

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.