Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post surgery update.
dfromspencer posted:
Hi, all

Well, i had my neck fusion surgery on the 31st. of Dec., and now in the healing process. It went well, but the post operative pain was intense, to say the least. I had one pain pill when i first woke up, then suffered on my own. I take enough pain meds as it is, i didn't want any more. The Dr. did give me a script for some percoset, but it remains unfilled. I've relied solely on my morphine and oxycodone for pain relief.

For the last two weeks, it's felt like someone hit me all over the upper body with a baseball bat. That, thankfully, is going away slowly. I do believe i am going to have a nice three inch scar for a reminder?

I am thankful to have some good movement left. I can still move my head in most directions fairly easily. I now have three steel plates in my neck, and one good vertabrate left. I though i would never be able to move like this, again. Thank you, Dr. Shoemaker, at the Surgery Center in S. D.!!!!! And a huge thank you, to all the Nurses there!!!!! You were all great!!!!

Well, thats about it. All i can do now, is heal. Then starts the P.T., won't that be fun? I will try to keep you all updated as time goes by. Good luck to all of you who suffer chronic pain! Never give up! Do what ever you have to, to be as pain free as possible!!! Thanks for sharing with me, all that you have gone through yourselves!!! Together, we will get by!!!!!

Thank you all, for everything!!!

Dennis

LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!!

davedsel57 responded:
Hi, Dennis.

Thanks for the update. Glad you seem to be doing OK so far. I pray your recovery continues to go well.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

dfromspencer replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave!!!!

lorigibs40734 responded:
Dennis I found it! LOL I'm such an idiot! I'm so glad you're doing better!

Lori

annette030 responded:
Get well soon!

I had neck surgery back in 1992, fixed my dysfunction pretty well. I kept on working for quite awhile.

Take care, Annette

dfromspencer replied to lorigibs40734's response:
Thank you again, Lori, you are not an idiot!!! I'm glad you're here!

dfromspencer replied to annette030's response:
Thank you, Annette! I have read alot of your posts, so yes, i know you have. Thanks for all the advice you give to so many of us here!!!! I'm glad it helped you! The first one i had, only stopped further deterioration. Too late to do any good for the pain. This one is from D.B.D.

I'm getting better day by day.

Thank you, again!

Dennis

annette030 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Day by day, and you will do just fine.

Take care, Annette

dfromspencer replied to annette030's response:
Thank you!!!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.