Skip to content
Does Infrared Heat Therapy work?
mjh22 posted:
The reason i am asking this question is because i was in a car accident a couple years ago and have had severe pain in my lower back ever since and have tried everything to relieve it, and i dont really care to always be groggy from taking prescription pain meds. So the other day i was talking to my brothers buddy and he told me about this back wrap that he had bought and wears when his back hurts that is rechargeable and i guess this thing heats up to 120F-125F and last for 6+hrs, i asked him about it and he said i should find out more on the infrared heat therapy because thats the type of heat that is delivered and is different from regular heat i guess, i currently use those chemical sticky back wraps you see on tv and get expensive after time. i guess i would like to know if this thing is going to cause harm to me if i use it, any help with this would be great thank you. oh that wrap thing is at www.extremesmartproducts.com in the heat therapy section thanks again i look forward to your answers

Barbi_M04 responded:
I have tried the infrared heat therapy on my chronic back pain. It did feel nice but no better than my heating pad. My bro in law swears that his infrared unit is a life saver for him. It is not dangerous if used properly. I guess the only danger would be if you kept the hear too high and kept it on too long. I have used it for a max of 40 minutes with no problems. I found the TENS unit more helpful than infrared and on the other hand bro in law prefered the infrared over the TENS. I guess you will have to try it and decide as everyone is different. Take care - Barbi

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.