Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
frozen shoulder
shoulderpaincanuck posted:
I experienced my first bout of frozen shoulder about 5 years ago (thinking back it probably occurred when pulling up carpets in a frenzy to sell my house!) At first I assumed i pulled a muscle but after months of pain and stiffening the doctor first said I had Bursitis (he never even looked at my shoulder!) and told me to take some ibuprofen. After six months and worsening condition he told me it was frozen shoulder - again didnt even look at my shoulder/arm. He sent me to physio twice a week. After about 6 weeks of pain and $50 / visit I was told i was not in the 'frozen' stage yet and physio would be of no help yet...thanks. They took some xrays but found nothing. So after a year the doctor suggested the cortisone shot-which by the way is very painful, followed by twice a week sessions at physio. The physio was painful and many many painful nights later I was deemed healed. This whole process was 18 months.

Imagine my horror went i started feeling ache and mild pain in my left arm ( I am a lefty) this past summer. I was in complete denial. I hadn't pulled up any carpets this time!!! Here we are in January and I still haven't been to the doctor because I already KNOW this is frozen shoulder. I remember some of the exercises and am self medicating with naproxen from the the drug store - although mostly it doesn't help. I think the first time around i was scared to move my arm because it hurt so bad so this time am doing gentle exercises and hoping hoping it doesn't get worse. This prolonged pain is the worst my sympathies to us all.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.