Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
refills
An_250002 posted:
take pain pills and often run out bye the end of the month sometimes they let me fill them up to 10 day early sometimes 5 or 2. if you run out how long should you wait before asking for a refill? the doctor has no ploblem when it comes to refill. ican get the scrip early but sometimes the pharmasest wont fill them

nodisc responded:
Hi An_ !!! In addition to your doc, the pharmacist also has an obligation to manage your scrips. If you're running out early, eventually this will have to be addressed. Pharmacies these days are running scared due to regulations, etc., when it comes to dealing with opioids, so if they sense something is wrong, the red flag goes up, and it's on the phone with the doc. Be careful!!! I would say a day or two at the most is ok, but beyond that would be red flag territory. so hope this helps you. Later, Mike

ctbeth responded:
Hi Anon_250002,

You didn't say if your "pain pills" are opiate meds.

That makes a huge difference.

I see that you first posted a week ago.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Joe P
While sitting or lying in the fetal position I have very little pain, but standing and walking I have severe pain from my left upper ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.