Skip to content
TKR
teressa1955 posted:
I had TKR in September of 2011 that was the worst decision of my life. As bad as my old knee hurt I would take it back in a minute. I've had CT scans and every other test to try to find out what is causing the pain and stiffness. But everything shows normal. I hate this knee I am so much worse off than with my own knee. I need TKR on my other knee but after this experience I will never opt to do it. I can't tolerate pain meds to good so I am really challenged when it comes to controlling the pain. I guess it is something I will have to learn to live with!!!

ctbeth responded:
Hi Teressa,
I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience.

I do not understand why, if you've had CAT scans and, "every other test", "But everything shows normal", why you had the TKR (total knee replacement).

How can we be of assistance to you?

How if the non-replaced knee feeling now?

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.