Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Pain in one side of face
hope77 posted:
Has anyone experienced this? Face, just one half, including eye and
eye lid. Hurts and very sensitive to touch. Started yesterday and is
the same today,
CA_Virginia responded:
hi - I strongly suggest you get this checked by doctor asap.
Pain on just one side and sensitive might indicate an attack of a condition called Shingles. See WebMd for more details. Very important to keep it out of your eye. I had this several years ago, with small painful blisters/rash that felt like was stinging my face. Good luck, and I hope everything turns out well.
annette030 responded:
It could also be something else, like Bell's Palsy or trigeminal neuralgia, you need to see a doctor, and let him examine you thoroughly. Once you get a real diagnosis, you will be at a starting point.

Take care, Annette
Onehurtguy replied to annette030's response:
I was thinking of Shingles as was. My wife had Bells Palsy many years back, and she had no pain, she could have been lucky though..

I'd most certainly see your Doctor immediately, as your face shouldn't feel like that.

Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.