Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain in one side of face
hope77 posted:
Has anyone experienced this? Face, just one half, including eye and
eye lid. Hurts and very sensitive to touch. Started yesterday and is
the same today,

CA_Virginia responded:
hi - I strongly suggest you get this checked by doctor asap.
Pain on just one side and sensitive might indicate an attack of a condition called Shingles. See WebMd for more details. Very important to keep it out of your eye. I had this several years ago, with small painful blisters/rash that felt like was stinging my face. Good luck, and I hope everything turns out well.

annette030 responded:
It could also be something else, like Bell's Palsy or trigeminal neuralgia, you need to see a doctor, and let him examine you thoroughly. Once you get a real diagnosis, you will be at a starting point.

Take care, Annette

Onehurtguy replied to annette030's response:
I was thinking of Shingles as was. My wife had Bells Palsy many years back, and she had no pain, she could have been lucky though..

I'd most certainly see your Doctor immediately, as your face shouldn't feel like that.

Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.