Skip to content
My butt hurts and I'm not sure what the problem is
An_250235 posted:
My butt cheeks have been so sore lately that it hurts to sit down or get up. I'm not sure what the cause of this phenomenon is, and WEB MD keeps telling me I have cancer.

In conclusion, I was wondering what the best tips for butt pain management were and how to alleviate this in the future.

annette030 responded:
See an MD in person, not on the internet. The doctor needs to put his hands on you and really examine you and order whatever tests the two of you feel are needed to make a proper diagnosis.

Take care, Annette

Onehurtguy replied to annette030's response:
I'm with Annette here, waking up one day with your butt sore isn't normal, unless, we'll.... Never mind!

Did you do any unordinary bending, lifting, etc that may have stressed the muscles? For me, I don't do to much physical stuff anymore for fear of hurting my back. That said, if I squat down to clean the rims of my car, the next day I have muscle aches in my glutes amd the back side of my upper thighs.

Good luck !

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.