Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Living with pain
coyote50 posted:
Hi everybody!!!! I am still learning the in and outs of being in chronic pain. I will keep on taking my meds that my doctor gave me. Some days are better than others, I have tried accupunture, reflexflogoy and the they help for the short time but not really for the long time. I am still practicing yoga i will never give that up it makes me feel strong and balance and in charge of my life. I recomend it to everybody to at least try it. It doesn't take the pain away but it keeps it at bay. Especially the breathing. It helps me to be peaceful. If anyone out there has something they have tried and is helpful please sure it with us, We can always use some help every once in a while. Again I thank this place to exchange ideas and help with living out life with pain, Thank you and blessings to all.

Onehurtguy responded:
Hey there, nice post you wrote.. It sounds like you're staying positive about your life long struggle that you deal with constantly and staying positive is the most important and healthy thing you can do.

I like to sit in my jacuzzi for an hour or so, that or,a really hot soak in the tub... I LOVE those Thermacare heat wraps, they kinda look like a really wide belt that straps around your midsection. They have a heat pack in them that you position over your affected area that lasts for 8-10 hours. They are like magic to me! They make smaller ones intended for your neck and shoulders that I sometimes stick to the back of my thigh when the pain shoots down my leg for some relief.

Stretching, inversion therapy (the one you see on TV), and like you, meditation helps too.

The absolute best thing for me is laying on my back, though I can't do that all day long, I'd like to, but that thing called life keeps getting in the way, LOL!

Deep tissue massage is a blessing as well.

I hope some of these things help you. Staying positive will keep you motivated and moving in the right direction.

R

Onehurtguy replied to Onehurtguy's response:
Just a reminder, most of us live with tremendous 24 hour pain, nut you must realize the there are people out the in far worse condition than us.

Count your blessings, they to stay positive, and you'll make it through.

I have the utmost respect for us individuals that deal the severe chronic pain, and still function day to day.

Stay positive, stay tight with your pain doc, and remember that we are lucky to be alive!

R

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Joe P
While sitting or lying in the fetal position I have very little pain, but standing and walking I have severe pain from my left upper ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.