Skip to content
Starting using Mylan fentanyl patches in Dec 2012.Used for 2 months and have lost 6 doses due to not sticking
rjbeck77 posted:
Starting using Mylan fentanyl patches in Dec 2012.... I just started using Mylan fentanyl patches on Dec 21,2012 I was pprescribed 100mcg x 2 every 48hr's or... Posted by rjbeck77 I just started using Mylan fentanyl patches on Dec 21,2012 I was pprescribed 100mcg x 2 every 48hr's or 200mcg's every 48hr's the first 2 I put on my uper arms worked great. then I put the second dose on my upper chest (as directed by my MD) and within 6hrs they fell off due to my sweating episodes and the movement of my chest.so I just put them on my upper arms switching every 2 days but I noticied I was really irritating my arms and had to use prescription hydrocotisone when the patches were on the other arm. My second month was worse I lost 6 doses and now I am 6-days short. I did call Mylan and the sent me Askina Derm covers that work great but I received them to late. My insurance co.told me I can refill my meds on Feb 9 and if I wanted to fill them earlier to tell my PM doc to wrte me a new script but instead of writing for 2 -100mcg patches write for 1-100mcg patch and 1-75mcg patch and it would go though because its a different dose.Does this sound correct? I don't mind going down 25mcg for a month to avoid having any withdrawels. Any help would be appreciated.Randy

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.