Skip to content
Anyone tried hypnotherapy for pain?
Daphnepaul posted:
Please let me know your experience with hypnotherapy. I had a friend try it out with no real results but it is a possibility, I think.

Onehurtguy responded:
It's used typically for very low impact aerobic excercise and strength training as far as my experience anyways...

ctbeth responded:
Hi Daphne (lovely name) and Mr. R.,

Now I am confused: are you referring to being hypnotized (hypnotherapy), or water therapy, (hydro-therapy)?

Daphnepaul replied to ctbeth's response:
hypnotized !not hydrotherapy.

ctbeth replied to Daphnepaul's response:
Hi Daphnepaul,

I was hypnotized to quit smoking and it worked great for me.

I have, many times, thought of being hypnotized for pain management.

If you do try it, please let us know.

Thank you.

Opal40 responded:
Try accupuncture, yoga and or meditation

TDXSP08 responded:
I tried it For Pain and using the 1-10 scale 1 being least effective and 10 most effective i give it a -5 because 3/4's of the way thru the second session I had to stop the session to take my BT meds because the Pain was horrendous and the hypnotist said you should have been in s trance and felt NO Pain,and i said so when i was squeezing the couch cushion last week fighting the desire to tell you to shut up! your annoying and i hate annoying people when i'm in pain!, she said agh you are noe hypnotizable thats what the problem is!!
she then said try drugs and you don't have to come back to see me because i can't help you.
i have no small step for man, but i have 6 tires for mankind,Watch your Toes!

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.