Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lower abdomen pain during treatment for prostate cancer
sjc8792 posted:
I had a prostatectomy in 2004 but the operation left a "positive right margin". My PSA never went to 0.00 but stayed at 0.04. After 4 1/2 years (early 2009) it was at 0.14 and radiation was prescribed. In mid 2012 my PSA went from .14 to .72 in about a 4 month period. Casadex was prescribed and the PSA went to .14 in a short time then in a matter of days it went back to .24 and I was prescribed Nilandron. After having been on Nilandron for about 3 weeks my PSA is at 0.14 again but since I have been taking the anti-androgens I have had semi to severe pain in my lower left side. The best way I can describe the pain is that it feels like when you receive a hit to your testicles and it hurts up into your abdomen.
I recently received a bone scan and an ultra sound of my testicles and both were negative.
Question:
Could this pain be the result of the anti-androgens doing what they do or is there something else I should be considering as a possible cause?

Opal40 responded:
I don't know about your condition or the pain you have but you may want to see if there is another area to redirect your question. I say this because you posted 2 days ago and no one has replied.

sjc8792 replied to Opal40's response:
I will. Thank you for the suggestion.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.