Skip to content
Opinions and related problems with leg numbness due to IM. Injection
Musicman78 posted:
I have been on nalbuphine and phenergan inter muscular injections for 15 years. About 2 weeks ago I injected mysel in my left thigh midway between the knee cap and beginning of my pelvis on the righ portion ( if your looking forward) of my thigh. It's now slightly swollen and numb. It's not a infection. It has no redness. No pain. I'm thinking I might have hit a nerve. But would that cause numbness in my leg down? Should I be worried about a blood clot or circulation issues? Also to " rehab" it should I try to work it out? Or keep it stable. Any tips , answers , suggestions are welcomed please.

77grace responded:
Hi Musicman78,
First of all we are not Dr.s and I don't know enough about Nerves and injections ,although I do them with imitrex for headaches!Your best bet is to see you Dr. or at least call him with an update of what s ging on!!!My Guess is maybe you did hit a nerve I have alot of problems with nerve pain and I'm aware of commlications!
Best of Luck 77grace

Onehurtguy replied to 77grace's response:
Go see your doctor, immediately! That's not right....

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.