Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sacroiliac joint pain
dededay posted:
I have been suffering with sacroiliac joint pain for a year in a half. I went throught shots p.t. and nothing seems to take the pain away. I have to quit work and I can't walk for more than 15 minutes. I'm never comfortable sitting, standing, lying down. The Doctors say there is nothing else they can do for me but surger again and they do no recommend it. I'm on pills 24/7 tring to keep my pain down to a 4. I go no where and do nothing. I feel beaten down with this constant pain. Is there any secret to living with this pain/

77grace responded:
Hi dededay,
I am sorry to hear that you are having so much pain and trpuble!!!WEll,
first of all I know what you mean,I too suffer from Chronic Pian in neck,head back,!I have had headaches that totally disabled me from 16 yrs old to abouyt 5o yrs, old!THEY at least are a little better,they don't last 5 days and I don't throw up!!!
There is alot I want ton say but can't in one post but One very important thing I have learned about all this pain and suffering is that if I try to help some one else who suffers ,I feel better!!!
I hve to take alot of meds too and I really don't lke it but It keeps me going!
I stay very close to God because no Human can help me!!!!
Please stay in touch ,I will give alot of ideas and help!!!!
If you can get your pain down to a 4 that is fantastic!!!!!

Love 77grace

darlyn05 responded:
Hey dededay! Are you referring to the lumbar S1 joint? What type of Dr's have you seen and what tests were done? Also, you mentioned surgery I think, was it a fusion? What medicines are you currently taking?

dededay replied to darlyn05's response:
I am seeing neour dr. and surgon. It is refered to as sacroiliac join disfunction pain. I have had x-rays and ct scans can not have a mri because I also have a spinal code stimulator implant. The surgery mentioned was minimally invasive solution the ifuse implant system the other was slmmetry fusion by zyga technology. My doctors all say stay away from any more back surgery or I could end up in a wheelchair. I taking tramodol and norco for the pain.I am 61 yrs old and feel like the rest of my life is going to be in constant pain.

dededay replied to 77grace's response:
Thank you for your reply talking to other people about this helpful especially people who are experience chronic pain themselfs. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

77grace replied to dededay's response:
Hi dededay,
I meant to ask you before,what kind of pain is it and what have you tried??Maybe I might think of something for you if I know more about you !
Hope your pain today gives you a bit of a Brake!
Blessings,77grace

darlyn05 replied to dededay's response:
How long ago was the fusion surgery and the SCS implant surgery? Does your SCS implant need replacement batteries from time to time? Was the tramadol and norco effective at any point to reduce the pain? Was the SCS effective at any point to reduce the pain? Did your Dr's say anything about you having any nerves being pinched or iritated from the S-joint disfunction? When was your last X-rays and CT-scan done?

It may be that the dosage of your pain meds need to be reviewed, or, maybe you need something different entirely. It may be beneficial to have an updated CT-scan done as well. Have your Dr's said anything about either regrowth or new growth like bone spurs or tumors in that area?

What do you do currently to manage your pain other than the pain meds(like, do you walk any at all, water therapy, light aerobics, stretching, etc...)?

77grace replied to dededay's response:
Hidededay,
another day has passed and I was thinking of you!!!Is the meds.you are on helping your pian?How long have youbeen at that level??
I hear what you mean about more surgery,I'm scared to death I might have to go through another ) and he said it would be worse!I do it a day at a time with the Lord Jesus by my side!
Bless you,77grace

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.