Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Two Shiners, LOL
Anon_57995 posted:
When I am having really bad days with pain, my skin gets very pale and I look like I have two black eyes, like I was in a brawl!

Does anyone else have this, what couses it, and is there any way besides concealer, that it can be lessened?

dfromspencer responded:
Hi

Not enough information to help you. What is your problem, making your pain? What meds, if any, are you taking?

If you are taking opiates for pain, it could be that, you are not tolerating it well? Not used to it yet? You know?

We need more, if you want advice, or help!

Dennis

Anon_57995 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thanks for your reply.
I saw my primary care MD Monday and asked her what she thinks.

First, because I'm really fair skinned, the vessels under the thin under eye skin show through. They can be more visible with loss of sleep, which she thinks is likely.

Also, pain can show on a person's face by "autonomic regulators" that can make our hearts beat faster, BP raise, sweat, even nausea. All of these things also can cause the color in the face to appear pale.

My MD says that she can tell my pain level just by looking at me.

The day I posted, I looked white as snow with two black eyes.

I know that people with "invisible diseases" don't like that they feel sick but don't appear sick. I wish that I didn't appear so ill.

Pain does change our entire lives, doesn't it?

dfromspencer replied to Anon_57995's response:
Hi, again.

I am so sorry to have missed you! My watch list was not watching for awhile now, so I had to kinda stumble around, LOL!!!

Yes, that explains it very well. I guess I should be glad to be one of those that don't look sick, eh??? I have a suggestion for your name, Casper??? LOL!

I hope you like our little communities, and continue to come back as often as you like!!!

I wish you all the best!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.