Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

I cant get help, need advice
An_250809 posted:
I am 24 years old, with two small children under 5. I have arthritis in my spine and the rest of my body with compressed discs. I probably have more medical problems but I dont have insurance to do the tests. I managed to get an mri and x-ray before my insurance was canceled thats how i know i have the above. When I have tried talking to doctors about pain medicines they dont take me seriously or make me feel like some junkie. But I have two little kids to take care of and my back and knees kill me and i have tried doing it with no pain medicine. Now not having insurance it has been harder than ever to get help. I dont qualify for any assistance programs because they say are monthly income is too high, when the only income we have is my husband disability. I am at my wits end, i am trying to stay strong for my boys but its hard when i am so miserable.
ctbeth responded:
Hi from Connecticut,

I'm sad to read what you have going on.

Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions?

Most important, did you have an opportunity to meet with the MD who ordered the x-ray and MRI to have the findings explained to you?

I believe that all fifty states now have the 2-1-1 community information phone number. I am surprised when I tell of this and find that few actually are aware that such a community referral program is in existence.

You can try calling 2-1-1 and find out if there are any free or low-cost clinics in your area.

Have you tried taking the OTC anti-inflammatory meds, like Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naprosyn? If you're not sure which meds (and you can get many in generic) are actually non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meds, ask your pharmacist.

They are commonly used to treat arthritis, which is an inflammatory process.

You can also try other non-prescription topicals, like icy hot and that sort of thing.

Of course, it sounds like the more important matter to you is getting professional medical help.

Please try the 2-1-1 thing.

Let us know, okay?

I am so sorry that you're going through this.
It's difficult to feel as if we're not totally present for our children, especially when they're too young to understand.

You did write that your husband is disabled, but not if he's at home with you and the children. If so, I hope that he's able to participate with the child care.

Good wishes,

blessedladyptl responded:
Did you apply for Medicaid for the children ? Reason I'm asking is because if they qualify, as a parent with kids under 18, you should also qualfy. Income & resources are counted. Also, if their Dad is on SSDI they might qualify to draw from his benefits.
suz1catz replied to blessedladyptl's response:
Did you try applying for SSI or for medicaid ? Have your doctors told you that you are disable and unable to work. If so I would get a letter from your doctor saying you can't work get a diability lawyer and try to get social security disability.
Trying to help..
lorigibs40734 responded:
I'm so sorry to read about what you're going through. Can you not get medical help from your husbands disability?

Have you tried looking around for income based clinics? Your hospital might help you there.

I live in Ky and in my area, there are two clinics that are income based, and one free clinic that is open on Saturdays.

Please check with your hospital, or former MD, make sure you have ALL of your records from previous MD's.

It's hard to live with pain and not taking anything and also trying to take care of your family.

I wish you the best of luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

If you still need help
Ive noticed that this was posted over a year ago. If you still need help: there is a large possibility that you may be depressed. I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.