Skip to content
Ater 6 weeks ago still in tremdous pain in back.
nanny09 posted:
Hi Everyone,
I guess I am here to vent or just morale support. On January 24th I was getting out of bed for work. I felt extreme pain from my back all the was down to my toes. It was burning ,hurting, all I could do was pace back and forth. I could not sit. I had previously had made an appointment to see my Nureologist as I was tired to the back pain again. I didn't make it to the appointment! On January 25th I was in my doctors office and he was trying to help me and to prevent surgery with medications. My foot became numb, my doctor sent me to a Nureosurgeon, unfortunately there are only 2 in my town and they work together. I saw this doctor on Feb 5th and he told me that I had herniated dice into the nerve root on L5 S1. He also told me I had scolosis, Arthritis, Degenerative disc disease in back and neck and I had a bone spur on my neck.. Lastly I still have one mor herniated disc in my back. Had surgery, stayed 1 night went home. Doctor prescribed Hydrocodone 5/325 I don't understand pain medication but I know it wasn't working. I called Doctors office and told them I need something a little stronger , they schedule me to come into the office. Doctor called me back into a room and the minute he walked he, he began to yell at me and told me there was no way I should be in pain and I was there to get percotects.. He not only humilated me but he didn't even care that I was still in alot of pain., I tried to talk me him. I went home crying,called my primary doctor and told him I would never see him again, this doctor doesn't even care about me, and I still can't figure out where the percocets came from? My doctor did call the nuero-surgeons office and clear up that I am not some druggy, just because I take alot of medicine and have other health issues going on he assumes. The nureo said must of been a miss understanding. My doctor told me to bite the bullet and go see him for one last time. I made my husband go with me. Told him again that I was in pain and so much that I could not sleep at night.. He told me I must have something on my mind is why I am waking up?? Huh? WHAT!! So he release me to go back to work on 3/21?? So here I am 6 weeks and a few days now I have constant is in now in the front of my legs, when I am standing my left legs hurts so bad and becomes week that I need to lean on something and hold my leg up to ease the pain. When I walk I have pain across my lower back. Doctor Nuro gave me Lyrica 25mg , take 2 pills 3x a day. I have been sleeping on the couch, and all I do is catnap.. I am so frustrated and sad...Please someone give me some insite. Has anyone ever had this happened to them. I would love smoe advice!!

Thansk for letting me tell my story.

Janet

annette030 responded:
I am not sure exactly what you are asking for??? A friend of mine has FMS and also had back pain. A surgeon talked her into doing a microdicectomy, even though her family doctor had told her it probably wouldn't help when she had asked him about surgery before.

She immediately developed pain down the nerve to her leg, that she had never had before, when she woke up from surgery it was just there. He became unavailable by phone once she got home that day, and remained so until she threatened him with her lawyer. He saw her ONE time, told her it was pre-existing pain, and not from the surgery. He told her there was nothing he could do for her and referred her back to her family doctor. She never even tried to see him again.

I am not sure what kind of advice you are looking for, or just to share experiences...

Didn't happen to me, I would not have had lower back surgery for that kind of problem. I also have FMS, and though I know what that pain is like, surgery does not help it.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.