Skip to content
methotrexate and hydrocodone
court112410 posted:
are they safe to taketogether one my doctors prescribed hydrocodone7.5 for my pain and my rheumy jus put me on methotrexate 3 pills of 2.5 mg a week

ctbeth responded:
Always check with your MD and/ or Registered Pharmacist if you have questions about your meds.

I'm an RN and I'd suspect that they are safe to take together, but neither ,I nor an internet search, should replace your MD or RP.

Best wishes.

annette030 responded:
I totally agree with Beth. I always make sure to tell my pharmacist ALL the drugs I am on, RX and OTC. Nowadays, with patients asking for better or cheaper care, they may get drugs from more than one pharmacist.

I love my pharmacists, they do good things for me, including one who actually read studies for me, about my problems.

I prefer one doctor to write all my RXs, but in my case that is fairly easy. Make certain ALL your doctors know about ALL your meds.

Remind them every time one gets out a RX pad, or gets on the computer and prints out a RX for you.

Take care, Annette

77grace replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi CTBeth,
How's it going ??Do me a favor and please get back to me ,I have something I need to ask you?I's not urgent but when you can?
77grace

ctbeth replied to 77grace's response:
Hi Gracie,

I'm just heading out with my Nathaniel and his Michelle.

I'll be home by about 8 PM.

You have my email address and, if you'd rather have a phone chat, send me your number and I'll ring you later this evening.

I hope you're having a nice holiday.

~TTYSoon~

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.