Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    chronic knee pain
    brafitter1 posted:
    I have Chronicknee pain in my right knee .I have done the ice rest protection elevation physical therapy and have tried every over the counter treatments there are. Nothing is working what do I need to do to get the proper treatment.Im in so much pain right now I cant walk without cruches Its disruptive to my sleep and i cant sit or stand for long periods of time. Ive had an MRI done recently and they said they couldnt find anything there.
    smann68 responded:
    Hi brafitter1,

    My suggestion would be to have a 2nd opinion. Was there something that happened to your knee or did it just start hurting?

    I think you should see an orthopedist.

    I hope you can find out what's wrong and get a fix for it. Best of luck.

    _swank_ responded:
    Chronic knee pain isn't a disease so if you have pain then it means something is wrong. The first thing you have to do is find out what that is. If you haven't been to an orthopedic surgeon then that's what you do next. If you have then gather all your records and go to another one. Not everything can be seen in an MRI. Sometimes diagnostic arthroscopic surgery is the only way to see what's going on in your knee.

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    neck/skull pain
    I have exactly the same pain problem from the sound of it. Does it feel like a hot slicing pain in the neck and an irritated nerve running ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.