Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Livingwith pain
Anon_80581 posted:
Hi everybody!!!! It's been a but since I have written nothing really new just still stuggling with my pain and how to deal with it. I've been going to a pain doctor for a few months and really don't understand the concept. I thought going there was to help cope with your pain and everytime I go I feel they don't listen to me and are there just to keep on giving me my meds. I need them but how do I get them to listen to me? How does everybody else cope with their pain? I try to meditate and try to relax my body. I still do yoga and and try walking and keep on going on the inernet to see if their are any new ideas to try. I hope everybody is doing well and lets keep helping each other!!!
Blessings and love to all, Kim

ctbeth responded:
Hi Kim,

Can you please up-date us on what is going on with you?

Thank you.

77grace responded:
Hi Kim,
Great to hear from you !I don't know if I ever posted to you or nt,glad your hanging in there!!!!
It's great that you atre doing yoga and walking and keep praticing relaxing your body !!!
I have been realy trying to be aware of that latly with me and wow sometimes I'm sitting all stressed and I don't even know it untill I think "Relax"My shoulders drop!WOW!Thanks for the reminder!
Sorry your Dr.s don't seem to listen or give you personal time ,most are just too busy or don't kbnow to be more sincere!
Keep it up ,stay in touch if You want 77grace

coyote50 replied to ctbeth's response:
I love hearing from everybody you never know what you can learn from someone else. Just a quick background on myself I have a bad lower back, arthritis , sicatic nerve down my right leg,ddd,narrowing of my spine, si joint is loose on my right side I had surgery and they fuse my spine I think its call s4-s5 so I have hardware on my lower back, I take yoga classes 3-4 times a week and practice at home at least 3-4 days, I try walking and trying to watch my weight. I am on morphine, lyrical, and hydrocodon. I really not happy being on the meds but I need them to function everyday. I work full time. I am trying to live my life as normal as possible. I would really would like not taking my meds but I have to so I can live my life. I really was hoping that the surgery would take the pain away but it didn't I still have the pain and really can;t walk far without having pain in my lower back and my legs. I try talking to my pain docs but they never seem to listen to me. I have tried acupuncture, water therapy, shots, physical therapy, exercise, surgery,walking, message, etc and nothing seems to work. Hurting tires me out, and I wish there was something out there that would help me. I do yoga which I love and really helps me keep moving. That's what is going on with me right now. Hope everybody is doing well out there and if you have an idea that worked for you please share.
love and blessings to all
Kim

tuloud54 responded:
Hi Kim. Pls click my name for previoud discussions. My pain dr referred me to a clinical pschyologist that deals specific with pain mgm. You need to pay someone who can devote all their time to listen to you. Mine has been a godsend. A lot of my issues were living and dealing with the anger.Why and who is trying to hurt me? I had a pain pump in nov 2012 and still have pain but nowhere near what it was. I would rather spend the rest of my life with good thoughts and the only way I get there is to talk.This isn't your fault.You don't deserve it. Guilt for me now is sneaking an extra scoop of rocky road when no one is looking!!!! My body is sore but my spirit is healing.Ask your dr for a name you can talk to. Time to start is now! You deserve it. Painfully yours, Tom

suz1catz replied to tuloud54's response:
Hi Kim, I to suffer from neck and back pain that is from a auto acident of 2008 had a cervicial fusion in 2011. I do go to a PMD I'm only on 1 pain med. I did see a psychyologiest to help me get over my auto accident and how to cope with pain.Also breathing techniques help with pain and even listening to music help with pain.I have gone to physical therapy for my neck and back I take what I was taught through my PT I do those exercises every day. It's a matter of mainting the pain and the brain. I wish you the best of health.
Susan

ctbeth replied to coyote50's response:
Oh my Gosh! It's Coyote50 Kim!!

You signed in as anonymous and I didn't connect the name Kim with you.

Has your PMD spoken with you about spinal cord stim?

You're doing so much to stay in good shape, aren't you?

Anyway, it's nice to see you again <3

dfromspencer responded:
Hiya Kim,

Long time no hear! I'm sorry you are still in so much pain, and no one to talk to! You can always talk to us here, you know? We enjoy spreading our misery around. LOL!!!

I'm glad you're back!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

john0208 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hello Friends,

This is John here new to this site.Within 12 to 24 hours afterkneereplacement surgery After a hip replacement, it should be taken 32 to 38 days after a kneereplacement 10 to 14 days.
kneereplacement

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.