Skip to content
I feel like i have been thrown to the wolves! No REAL OPTIONS!
An_251318 posted:
I was fired by my pm office. OVER THE PHONE BY THE NURSE. I WAS GIVEN REASONS THAT DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. I had only had ONE appt. at the office. I SIGNED AGGREMENT. I did a drug screen that day. TOLD him the meds i had been taking and dosage...i made sure he was awarr that had script for Perc 5 for bad days but did not usd often...Same situation with valium 5 mg.. I was sent to him after having spinal fusion. GOT ONE SCRIPT FOR norco 10/325 2 every six hours.Robaxin and amyltriptoline.I CALLED TO LET THEM KNOW I NEEDED A REFILL 6 days before i ran out and requested(office closed friday for holiday and then weekend. i would run out on sunday) I was told they would call me back. BAAAAM She calls back and tells me my drug screen was dirty, showed perc and valium. I WAS told that the meds i filled on the 28th was not acceptable bc i still had meds left from referring dr. AND THAT I SHOULD NOT NEED REFIL YET. IT WAS TOO EARLY. I tried to explain my reasoning and that i was not aware i couldnt fill 1st script. Told her i told dr about other meds not taken regularly and he said it was fine but bring to next appt for disposal. The WITCH OF A NURSE just kept cutting me off and being very rude. THEN SHE SAYS.....YOU R BEING REFERRED TO A SUBSTANCE ABUSE CLINIC!!!! I GOT very offened and i admit i was very frustrated that no matter what i said she was not listening to me. HOW CAN U CALL ME AN ADDICT AFTER SEEING ME ONE TIME?? I WAS UPFRONT AND FORTHCOMING WITH ALL INFORMATION AND THEN all of a sudden there is no documentation of our discussion about perc and valium. NO INSTRUCTIONS ON RX TO FILL AFTER XXXX DATE. And no meds to wean me. I KNOW IM not an addict and i take meds as prescribed. I tried to talk with the dr and the nurse said that by me getting so defensive that i am showing signs of a drug problem!!!!! What can i do to get to another pain doc because they have sent all of the info back to my sugeon that pretty much drag me through the mud.

ctbeth responded:
Hello from Connecticut,

I'm sorry that I don't have much to offer you, but I have a couple of thoughts:

I know that it does not matter right now, but for future reference, consider having a friend or relative accompany you to the PMD to witness your discussion with your PMD.

Just for your and our continuity, it may be better to post in on discussion. I've been referencing back and forth from both discussions trying to get all of the info that you've posted.

I'm not sure, but I think you said that you're post-fusion. If so, are you pretty recent post-op?

I hope that you'll get more replies and that one of us will have better ideas than I.

Thanks,

Beth

ctbeth responded:
I just read through your discussion again.

Yes, I see that you have had a spinal fusion.
When was that? If it has not been long, perhaps you've still got some healing going on and may get better.

I also read that you were prescribed Norco 10/325.

A little later on on the discussion, you wrote that your urine was positive fro Percocet that you have prescribed for bad days.

It's quite common for pain management MDs to prescribe a long-acting opiate for baseline, daily use, PLUS a short-acting for breakthrough, or very bad pain days when the long-acting isn't enough.

What I think may have happened is that you're taking the Norco, which is a short-acting opiate along with Percocet, which is another short-acting opiate. This would cause concern or alarm for your PMD.

Also, the Valium. An opiate, or two opiates meds along with a benzo, is a bad combo. Most MDs no longer prescribe a benzo with an opiate. This can be a bad combo.

I am NOT accusing you of anything, just trying to make some sense of what has happened.

Another thought is- who was it who prescribed the Valium and Percocet? Could this MD treat you?

I would think that you were not to take the Norco, that the new PMD prescribed, along with the Percocet, thus taking them together, if that's what happened, would have caused you to run out of Norco too soon.

Again, rest assured that I am not making judgement of you in any way, just trying to sort through what actually happened.

CTB

77grace responded:
Hi ,
I think I posted back to you on another post also ,so its best if you try to stick to on e so we can help better!!!I had not read this one before!I read yesterdays!Anyway it sounds like a big mess and may Beth has a good idea and ask the 1st Dr. to follow you or talk to the othr one!It'stoo many different meds at one time and its confusing for anyone!Dr.s these days are trained to waatch out for abuse,they are overly crefull !
Hope
your not in too much pain
77grace

77grace replied to ctbeth's response:
One more thing ,do you understand how this group works???After you read this if you want to reply ,just click reply !You can also go back to original post and keep the conversatioin going!I'll make it easier!
Good luck,77grace

77grace replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi Beth,
I think I just replied to you trying to reach 251381

Sorry.,,,77grace

Anon_57995 replied to 77grace's response:
This person has posted various versions of the story on over-four different discussions.

She got bagged with a dirty urine (Percocet and Valium) and filling Norco with a paper Rx after her MD faxed the Rx and she got those pills.

Now, she asks if it's okay for her to take a family member's meds, and if she should go to an opiate clinic for pain meds (WTF??)

A few of us are kind and have been trying to help her, without realizing that it's the same person telling the story with different "facts".

It's called "drug fiending"

So, when you see posts by 2honest83, or Anon251318, be aware.

The best advice that we can give her is to be honest with herself, and stop blasting a pain management community.

2honest83 replied to Anon_57995's response:
It's called no one in real life could help me. Obviously the way I word things and post partial parts of a long story can be used against me and its very obvious that may be the greatest at explaining myself. I say hear trying to get the office to listen. Trying anyway I could to explain things from behind my phone and screen things that I did not fully understand myself , Just that I knew if I could prove if some looked up what I was saying were true compared to the multiple reasons this nurse gave me for reasons I was an addict. So, I will tell you what was found by Med assistant today Office did fax script in error. Multiple providers was referring to the ortho who referred me to pain mgmt the urine was consistent and has no idea where that came from. RX did not run out early as accused. The nurse gave info to dr and never researched. Would return calls or allow call to go further than her. She assumed and said whatever she wanted with no regard to my safety or well being

And if you think the multiple posts i made here were insane you should go check out the ask a lawyer site.... I was exhausting, but I was wronged and my name and access to fair treatment was compromised by some one who was either lazy or stupid. And no longer has a job. I would guess she will be in the same place I was.... Abandoned .... But SHE deserves it

Bree74 responded:
ask to do an adendem its your rite you set up a time to go over your records and add or correct any mistakes some docs SUCK at recording every thing cuz there lazy they just type a few things but if you demand to go over your records and add and correct mistakes they have to let you i know from experaince its a pain and the docs dont want you to see or have a copy of your records but its your rite they are your records now when i asked for a copy of my records they made me come in sign a releace then i get a letter from there copy company wanting .75 cent a page i called and told them i could not afford it and they cant deny me because of my inability to pay and finely got my packet of medical records went through them then made an apt to go over them with my doc added things that were missing and corrected mistakes then fired the doc took my records with me to new docs till i found one that actualy gave a damn about caring for his people paitents and costumers alot of docs have this power trip so you gotta know your rites use them and know that you can be a big a pain in there butt as they can you

ctbeth replied to Bree74's response:
Medical records are the property of the patient.

The practice can charge you for authourised copies.
The office keeps the originals, for obvious reasons.

Many MDs store patient notes and records electronically- even write the physician note this way.

This will make it easier to access patient records, as there is no fee involved in transferring electronic records.

Now I'm curious: I've been getting my x-rays and CAT scans (cannot have MRIs) on disc for at-least the past five years. My PMD's records are electronically written, but the record itself printed out for me or other MDs. attys who request them.

Consultation records are given to me on disc as well as electronically mailed to my primary care and pain management MD.

Is this procedure the same in other regions of the US?
Just curious.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.