Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_251318 posted:
    I have been on opiates for a long time. I have had my chronic pain undertreated for years. Would it be a bad idea to go to a clinic who will provide me with a med that lasts longer ancmd ican take less? Has anuone had experience
    ctbeth responded:
    an opiate treatment clinic is usually the term used for an entity that treats addicts in order to get them to an opiate-free status.

    It is fro those who are abusing drugs, not for pain management patients who are under-treated.

    Is it a pain management practice for which you're seeking?

    If so, many of us here are under treatment with pain management MDs.

    You will probably need your primary care MD to refer you to this specialty MD.

    Please write again and let us know if this is what you're asking, ok

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.