Skip to content
Chronic Pain From Liver Transplant
broice1947 posted:
Hi all,

It's me. I am deeply into withdrawal and am in incredible pain. I am not trying to say my pain is worse than yours but I have to see Dr. 'Mengele' so that he can stick me with more needles. Last week I got 5 in my spine and 5 in m y ribs and I am still in pain. He is a neurologist. He did give me 120 mgs per day, but I was on 350mgs, and I got cut down really fast!
Finally I found an anaestheologist (whatever) who will see me on April 29th, but between now and then I have to go on this cruise and I really don't want to go feeling this way,
I am alone with my pain always. It doesn't stop for a second to take a breath. It is beautiful outside today and I'm stuck alone with my pain and withdrawal.
I'm sorry complaining like this to all of you good people. But nobody around me understands.

77grace responded:
Hi Joyce,
I am so sad to hear that you are suffering the way you are!!I don't know much of your story but I can tell alot from a little I've been around a long time with all this!Why did you Dr. cut you back so fast?From what?That is a drastic amount and I'm sure the withdrawels and pain are terrible!I
Plwase know ,You are not alone with your pain and I've been through enough withdrawels for all of us!
I will probally have to do a drug holiday myself soon,tolerence is way too high!
Anyway also you also have our Savior to be with you always !
Take care,77grace
77grace responded:

iii ii

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.