Skip to content
Chronic Pain From Liver Transplant
broice1947 posted:
Hi all,

It's me. I am deeply into withdrawal and am in incredible pain. I am not trying to say my pain is worse than yours but I have to see Dr. 'Mengele' so that he can stick me with more needles. Last week I got 5 in my spine and 5 in m y ribs and I am still in pain. He is a neurologist. He did give me 120 mgs per day, but I was on 350mgs, and I got cut down really fast!
Finally I found an anaestheologist (whatever) who will see me on April 29th, but between now and then I have to go on this cruise and I really don't want to go feeling this way,
I am alone with my pain always. It doesn't stop for a second to take a breath. It is beautiful outside today and I'm stuck alone with my pain and withdrawal.
I'm sorry complaining like this to all of you good people. But nobody around me understands.

77grace responded:
Hi Joyce,
I am so sad to hear that you are suffering the way you are!!I don't know much of your story but I can tell alot from a little I've been around a long time with all this!Why did you Dr. cut you back so fast?From what?That is a drastic amount and I'm sure the withdrawels and pain are terrible!I
Plwase know ,You are not alone with your pain and I've been through enough withdrawels for all of us!
I will probally have to do a drug holiday myself soon,tolerence is way too high!
Anyway also you also have our Savior to be with you always !
Take care,77grace
77grace responded:

iii ii

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Gall bladder
Two years ago. I was experiencing a piercing pain dead center of the chest .it was like someone was taking their finger and pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.