Skip to content
Good luck, Beth
dfromspencer posted:
I would like to take this opportunity to give Beth all of our support while she undergoes the knife!!!

GOOD LUCK BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will all be thinking of you!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

dfromspencer responded:
I'm not exactly sure when the surgery date was, I think it was the 21st??? Anyway, jus want her to know we will be thinking of her!!!!
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

77grace responded:
Me too.Beth,Happy for you !It's been a long wait and your a strong Lady!
Happy days!! 77grace

annette030 responded:
Me, too, of course!!!!

Hugs, Annette

lazydazey responded:
Yes, hope everything goes well and hope Beth gets back to better days and MUCH lower pain-she is always so kind and helpful, what a blessing she has been to so many on here! Including me! Happy her wait is finally over! Best wishes and hope her recovery (and relief!) is quick!

ctbeth replied to lazydazey's response:
Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

I don't know what else to say, except the surgery is still thirteen days from today.

It's odd how the years seem to fly by, but when waiting, the days seem to drag on and on....

I've been on-line a whole lot more-than usual since my IPG died. Embarrassingly enough, there's not much that I can comfortable do these weeks.

This is giving me further insight into how much spinal cord stimulation has helped me.

We've still not decided upon a new IPG, or a completely new system.

Either way, I'm good with it.

Thanks again. I'm so grateful <3

tuloud54 replied to ctbeth's response:
Hurry up and Wait! You've been way more patient then I would be.I'm assuming you at least have some decent meds to cover the pain til surgery.I for one appreciate you honesty and telling the sometimes painful truths no one,including us,wants to hear sometimes.You have helped me and I will try and pass that along.This is the good stuff that comes out of unbearable pain. God speed and praying you pick the best machine ever built. Painfully yours,Tom

lorigibs40734 responded:
Only 6 days to go Beth! Though I'm sure it might seem longer. I wish you hadn't had to wait so long. You are much more patient than I would be.

steverreno replied to ctbeth's response:
Beth:God luck, I wish you the very best--Years ago I told you to never give up---That's still the way I feel about life; so never give up, just go in there and "win your game!

Stevereeno

77grace replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi Beth ,
I never knew the whole story of why the batterie died toson or what happened and also curious how they work for you,how much less pain do you have!
thanks,you can email me at home if you want!
Love..77grace

ctbeth replied to tuloud54's response:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the kind words.

Actually, regarding meds, I had been on a taper down, with the plan of an opiate holiday, when the IPG died on 15 Feb.

I was offered Oxy IR 5 mg or Tramadol for PRN (breakthrough) meds.
I tried the Tramadol, and really couldn't tell if it was working or not. My MD then gave me Oxy IR again. I have it knowing that if I cannot stand the pain, then I can take 15 mg twice a day, but I have not taken it in over a week.

It was so difficult to cut down, and ultimately stop, the Oxy IR that I don't want to go through that again.

The replacement date is actually the 22nd of April, so it's still eleven days away, not six, but that's okay

I've also, before IPG died, reduced my Morphine Contin way down, and don't want to increase that, either.

We have decided that I probably will not need or want to do the drug holiday, at least not for a while.

There really are spiritual rewards in suffering, well, I think so.
The most-noticeable to me is the friends and family that stand by when it's not so pretty.

You can fake caring, but you cannot fake showing up.

So nice to see you again.

ctbeth replied to lorigibs40734's response:
Hi Lori,

LOL, patient? I don't know about that.
It's not as if I have an option.

We'll def keep in touch; I'm not feeling like Facebook-ing or emailing much today.

You're on my mind, though, and we'll talk soon, ok.

ctbeth replied to 77grace's response:
Hi Gracie,

I have a non-rechargeable battery. In the past, they've lasted about a year or so.

I got a new unit in 2011, and this battery (IPG, or Internal Pulse Generator) and it lasted just about two years.

I love the SCS and it helps the pain more-than anything else.
The only problem is that getting insurance authorization, neurosurgeon appt, scheduling the surgery, and all takes a while- ten weeks in this case.

I am not really a candidate for a re-chargeable battery, which gives much-longer life to each battery.

Take care, <3

Beth

dfromspencer replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi again, Beth

You know, I've been thinking. Why can't they make a rechargeable battery, with a solar, or wind powered generator attatched? You know, they could put a little photoelectric cell on top of a hat, or even a small propeller, and all you have to do is walk around. You would be charging all the time.

Ok, so i'm just having some fun with you! I really do hope you have a very short recovery time!!! I'll be thinking of you the entire day, the 22nd. Hope they get you right in, and right back out, so you can come here and tell us all about it.

I know you said something about how long it took, but I don't remember. So, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take good care!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

lorigibs40734 replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi Beth,

I know it's frustrating to have to wait. I loathe anything to do with worker's comp as they're only out for themselves, and don't really care about the worker's who get hurt on the job.

When I was on worker's comp, it started in Oct 2006 with carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel, I had 5 different workers in two months. So I'd have to wait, and wait, and wait for them to collect all my paper work. I blew up on the last one I had, his name was Michael, because I was suppose to see the neurologist again but was waiting for them to ok it. Poor Michael got the brunt of my impatients. But I got the appointment ok'd by the end of the week. LOL

Four days to go!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Lori

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.