Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain meds??????
coyote50 posted:
Thanks for all the support and love everybody sent me. I really believe all of you are right about finding someone to talk to. I can't really talk to my husband since he really doesn't understand what I am going through. Don't get me wrong he has been there for me thick or thin but I do need to talk to someone that understands what I am going through and maybe guide me to better understand my body and how to deal with the pain. I do get mad that I have this and Im scared for my future. Like will I have to walk with a cane or will I be in a wheel chair. How much more will the pain be? When I try to talk to the pain management people they just don't listen to me or tell me I don't know. I need someone to tell me the truth, I know they can't tell me exactly what will happen but give me some idea what might happen so I can prepare myself. Plus the last pain management person really caught me off guard when I was explaining my lifestyle, like what excersises I do and I went on to say that I do yoga he looks at me and says I like watching women do yoga, you are so flexible then he stops and says oops I think that was wrong on what I said, and I said you think? I did make a complaint about him and told the office I feel uncomfortable seeing him again. Know I not a prude at all but a professional should not talk to a paitence that way. I really don't feel comfortable going there like I said they don't listen to me just write out scrips for me and have people that don't think before they speak. Well that's all for now and again thanks for help you all have given me. Glad to have so many understanding friends out there in the world. Love and blessings to all!!!Kim

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

really determined.
cant wait to get off all my pain meds; the stigma of a DRUGuser is almost as bad as the pain.NO ONE beleives you are really hurting.plus ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.