Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RE: Morphine Sulfate and MS Contin - Confused!!!!
Anon_27116 posted:
Hi,
I saw my new pain mgt. dr. today and was prescribed Morphine Sulfate 30mg, TER and Morphine Sulfate 30 mg. Tab and I am absolutely confused as to which one is to be the long lasting one and the one that is to be for breakthrough pain. Does anyone have an answer to my question?
I just don't understand this. Prior to this change in my meds, I was taking methadone 10 mg. ( 2 pills 4 times a day). In other words I was taking 80 mg. of methadone until this change with the new dr.
I have another question too. I was prescribed atenolol 25 mg. for headaches and I have never heard of that being used for headaches only for cardiology purposes.
Could someone help me? I have read the leaflets that came w/ my meds and I still just do not understand.
Thanks.

rosielou responded:
Atenolol is definitely used for headaches, it's a beta blocker. I take it and it's worked great for me. Give it a try.

I don't know enough about the other meds to help with that. My first response would be to call the doc and ask her what she wants you to do.

ctbeth responded:
Hi confused.

If you're confused about ANYTHING regarding your prescriptions, it is urgent that you contact the pharmacy that filled them, or the MD who prescribed them.

I beseech you to take one-of-these two actions straight away.

DO NOT DEPEND UPON ANYONE ELSE'S ANSWER, OPINION, OR BEST GUESS.

Please heed my words.

BethH

dfromspencer responded:
I agree with Beth, you must ask your doctor, or pharmacist befor you take one or the other!!!

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

77grace responded:
Hello again,
Yes I agree too,Get a hold of yur Dr,. or Pharmasist and ask???It's really important that you understand!AS far as the milagram difference ,It's because they all act in different ways! Even though they are all narcotics they are different unless it's in the same family,(like Vicodan,Loratab , Norco,Etc!
Hope we all helped!
It's all going to work out!Have Patience!
Bless you, 77grace

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.