Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This is important!
ctbeth posted:
Actually, Lorigibs posted this on her Facebook page. It's so important that I'm posting the link here.

Thanks Lori!

Opioids: Addiction vs. Dependence

http://www.healthcentral.com/chronic-pain/coping-279488-5.html

dfromspencer responded:
Hiya, Beth

I sure would hate to be an addict!!! I once had my P.M.D. forget to call in my script. One day after being out, the withdrawl pain was intense! I called the doctors office, only to be told she was gone for another three days. I went to the V.A. hospital to see what, if anything, could be done for me?

Let me tell you, this was a battle of wills!!! I was physically sick, as anyone who looked at me could tell. The nurses would do nothing. So, I told them that if they cannot find me another P.M.D. that could get me my script, I was gonna raise some hell. About five minutes later, here comes this doctor. He was not happy with me, I told him the feeling was mutual. He said the best he could do, was to give me a script of three days worth, then I would have to see my doctor. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, I told him. I went to the Pharmacy and picked it up, and took one dose right then!!! Twenty minutes later, I was fine as paint once again.

I know the feeling of physical dependence I can tell you!!!

I would never, ever want to be addicted to these things, you know???

I know you are in the hospital today, but you can read this when you return to us!!!

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Every Chronic Pain Patient Needs to READ THIS!!!
There is a group of thirty seven Doctors, Companies. and Researchers that are petitioning the FDA to change the labels on Opiates so that ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 49 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.