Skip to content
Today is the day for Beth
dfromspencer posted:
Today, Beth has her surgery. I want to take a moment to think of her, and give to her all my strength, so she can get through this!!!

Good luck, Beth, we will all be thinking of you!!!

We hope your recovery time will be short, and not too very painful!!!

Can't wait to get you back on the puter!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

ctbeth responded:
Hi Dennis!!

So I went in to OR at 1 PM and was home by 5 PM.

I have a new battery and paddle leads.

I had an easy time and asked for only two Tylenol in recovery room.

My surgeon shot the entire area with Novacaine, so there is no pain at all. When the Novacaine wears off, I might not be so happy, LOL

So,. after ten weeks, my SCS is working again and I am loving it! The instant that it was turned on was the best moment of my year thus far.

Thanks for all of your good wishes.

It's GREAT to have a new SCS!!

tuloud54 replied to ctbeth's response:
You go girl! A lot of prayers were hoping it would go well. God does listen but sometimes says no. Hope this keeps you in good spirits for many years. Painfully yours! Tom

dfromspencer replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi Beth

I am so glad to hear that!!! And that the pain relief was instantaneous!!! Can't beat that with a stick!

Glad you are back home, and doing just fine!

Take care, and enjoy the new batt., and leads!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

lorigibs40734 replied to ctbeth's response:
Hi Beth! I'm so happy that you got your new SCS! I hope you're enjoying some pain free time!

ctbeth replied to dfromspencer's response:
HI Dennis,

Thanks again for all the warm wishes.
It's just Friday and I am so, so happy!

After living without my main pain management modality, I have it back. It was like Christmas and my birthday and fourth of July all rolled up together.

The incisions aren't bad, but they're definitely there
Because I don't feel the hip incision, my daughter has to check it daily for and signs of infection. She skeeves out easily, poor girl, LOL.

She said that it looks "gross", so I had her take a pic with her IPhone and it looks fine. Silly girl.

The mid-back incision is also healing fine.

Now, I'm going to continue where I left off with my opiate taper down and am eager to see how far down that I can get. I'd LOVE to be opiate free. but this may not be possible.

Until then... la vie est douce!

annette030 replied to ctbeth's response:
I am so glad to hear that all is going well with you. You are my favorite nurse, lol.

Hugs, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.