Skip to content
Bulging Disc
eyates posted:
I have a bulging disc that is pressing on the sciatic nerve. I have been through PT and the pain still persists. Any suggestions for relief? This has been going on for 3 months!

dfromspencer responded:
If you have already tried the pt and no relief, ask your doctor what to do next? If he doesn't have any ideas, you need to ask him to set you up an appointment with a neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon will have an M.R.I. done, and determine from there, the best course of action for you.

Good luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

Anon_2912 responded:
My husband deals with a low back bulging disc and the only thing that helps him is literally hanging upside down by his ankles. He had a gadget that went in between the doorway where he would hand it relived it a lot...

Of course after 7yrs of using the gadget it broke, 3 months ago his back went out again, he could not walk straight or move, he had to literally crawl...We ended up buying a Teeter-Table. With in a few days, he was back to normal...

He says hanging upside down stretches the area to where the bulge goes back in place. Not sure if I explained that right or not.

77grace responded:
OH,
I jst thought of something else!
Have you heard od an Anti Gravity Chair???Look it up on the internet,I have some serious neck and back problems and this chair gives me alot of relief!!!
They are so comfortable,You can spend anywhere from $200.00 to $4,000.00 at eh healthy bacfk store!I got mine at Costc o and it work just as well!It might not be as well made but it really works!Check it out,it takes all the pressure off your back!
77grace

cweinbl responded:
Spinal decompression is a consideration. It's a machine that stretches your vertebra apart, allowing the offending disc to move back into place.

If you cannot obtain a referral for decompression, try crunches several times per day. Instead of a traditional sit-up, pull your legs tightly into your chest and hold that position for ten seconds. Repeat that ten times. It can stretch the lumbar vertebra apart long enough for the disc to move back.
cweinbl
csw2@bex.net

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.