Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Carpal Tunnel
ma9410 posted:
I haven't been officially diagnosed with carpal tunnel, but I'm sure that's what I am; it's been slowly getting worse since I had my child, but the last few months it seems to be getting worse a little faster.

I was taught how to type in middle school, and about 13 years later, I type on a regular basis. I am a part-time secretary without health insurance. If I can't type, then I can't do my job. I think typing is what has caused carpal tunnel for me. Computer work, cooking, and baking is what I do best.

Yesterday, I would get a shot of pain from my left wrist down to my fingers, and it would last a few seconds then the pain would go away for a while. Today, my elbow and the area around it is hurting, but the pain won't go away; I have been having a hard time typing today. I got on here today, and found out to try taking some anti-inflammatory drugs, so I took one Aleve; it doesn't hurt now. I can't keep taking (won't allow myself to) an Aleve every day to help with the pain.

I saw that WebMD mentioned putting ice on it, I will try that. My mom said I should borrow her heating pad to use, but I don't want heat on it, right? Are the wrist things (forgot the name) expensive? What else can I do to help the pain?

Especially when it's in my elbow, I have a hard time picking up my toddler. I am right-handed, but my left side bothers me more. Last August, I tripped over the unlevel concrete floor in the barn and landed on my left arm. I hurt really bad. I didn't go to the doctor, but my husband (used to be EMT) said it wasn't boken, so I just had some help at work and at home to get me by for a few days until my hand felt better; I'm guessing that's why my left hand is so much worse. I rarely get carpal tunnel pain in my left arm, but it does happen.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

I live in Arizona
If you drive in Arizona you can goto jail for DUI for any meds in your system, There are no buses where I live. I guess I will just sit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.