Skip to content
Rapid pain relief
angela21 posted:
Guys I have discovered an efficient way to manage physical pain and severe migraines. In the last 4 years I have been the victim of severe headaches and could not function normally. A friend of mine introduced me to this brain technology and it worked great 4me. [br>http://www.brainsynctechnology.com/shop/pain-management/[br>now I can finally enjoy my life and make the most of my children

dfromspencer responded:
Ok. We already use something just like that, its called C.B.T., or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

It works on the same premise, using mind over matter.

It works!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

Anon_2912 replied to dfromspencer's response:
C.B.T. did not work for me.

My brain would not be still long enough...

Suffer from insomnia..have for the past 19yrs. I take 10mg of ambien along with a Sominex maxium strength to get 2-3 hrs of sleep...

77grace replied to Anon_2912's response:
Hi There,
I could'nt help but see your reply and what you said about sleep!So I guess meditation and deep btreathing are out to you?I understand but it's really mind over matter and IF you really are desperate I believe you can learn,it take's alot of practice!I dought (SP) the small amount of pill's you take really give you much sleep?
What else have you tried??
I have sleep problems too ,so I get it!
Blessings,77grace

Anon_2912 replied to 77grace's response:
Oh yes I tried the CBT, my sleep doctors had me do it. Trust me I have tried just about everything. I am used to the little sleep that I do get. I have dealt with it for the last 19yrs..

I still work 40 hr weeks and never nap, I have energy trust me...I don't get fatigued at all. I wish I could nap...

My sleep doctor says that somehow my brain got rewired when I developed hyperthyroidism/graves disease and it went untreated for 6 months..It's like I am ADD. Does not matter what I try to focus my brain on when sleeping, it won't stay on one thing & usually it is stupid stuff that I pops in my head...

The ambien is becoming more inaffective as the years go, it is why I added the sominex. I used to just take 20mg, but I would run out after 10 days (only get 21 day supply), and would not sleep...I am lucky my dr. gives me the 10mg and has not cut the dosage because I keep hearing how women need to have the dosage cut in half...But so far he hasn't...

And no the ambien does not make me do stupid things. Actually I can take it and you wouldn't even know I took it. It does not take affect until well after an hour or so of taking it.

dfromspencer replied to Anon_2912's response:
Wow, you do have a problem with sleep, eh? I do too! I haven't gotten more than four hours of sleep a night for 38 years now. I take Ambien, also, 10 mg.s per night. At first, they worked pretty well, for getting to sleep, but not keeping me there. My nerve damage has this intense burning feeling, and its truly hard to sleep.

I am going to ask my doctor if sominex might be an option? Perhaps with both, I may get some more sleep?

I completely understand how your mind won't quiet down! I had severe anxiety for awhile, C.B.T. didn't work for me then, either. Its so important to calm your mind, first. And when that won't happen, then its useless. I feel sorry for you, I really do!!!

Hope things get better for you, real soon!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

77grace replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hi Dennis,
O.K.,Now you have me curious,How did you teach your mind to be quite long enough to calm your mind????
I try the deep breathing and visualasization(WOW<SP<BAD)but the more empty my brain the more room for more stuff to come in!!!I have a commitee in there!
Any clue's??
Hope your feeling a little better,any is good!!
Take care 77grace

annette030 replied to Anon_2912's response:
I take 15 mg of ambien (the generic zolpidem) every night and have for well over 15 years. I took ten mg. at bedtime until we invaded Iraq, my son was over there as a Marine, then after trying other things, the doctor increased it to 15 mg.

I have read the same things as you have, but I also do not do stupid things on the ambien. I does work within 15-30 minutes, so I keep it on my nightstand. I have discovered that I must take it on an empty stomach, and that it is fairly easy to stay awake in spite of it.

I use CBT for insomnia and other chronic pain issues, it is great and works well for life in general.

I really do not think there is any one drug that works well for anything, you must rearrange your life to help the drugs you take, or you won't get the best possible result.

The one thing I have learned is that we are all different, and react to meds and other things differently.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to 77grace's response:
Hi, Grace

I have found that reciting old prayers or poems from my childhood, in my head of course, helps me immensely.

My mantra, I guess. The prelude to "Hiawatha" and "Evangeline", the Nicene Creed, The Apostles Creed, Our Father, etc. they all work well. If you are religious any prayer will probably work, but one from your faith will probably mean more to you.

My brother, who does TM fairly often, tells me he cannot empty his mind and does not believe anyone who says they can. He feels if you can control your mind you will do better though.

Take care, Annette

77grace replied to annette030's response:
Hi Annette,
I totally agree ,I also use prayers,diferent ones!I also use them when I have nightmares and I have alot of them!Sometime alomost every night!So I repeat the Lords prayere and I repeat to myself,"Let go .Let God!" That's the best and it's short so I don't space out or fall asleep before I finish!
To empty my mind is difficult!I try and it just makes room for more stuff!
Anyway,take care,77grace

Anon_2912 replied to 77grace's response:
Yep...I find myself talking to God about my day while trying to fall asleep...Im my mind of course. I don't want to keep my husband up...Although I do admit at waking him up because I can't sleep..LOL..

Lucky for him he we are only in bed at the same time maybe 3 days out of the week if we are lucky.He works railroad and they have NO SCHEDULE....

My husband is out 30 seconds of hitting the pillow. He just says he does not worry about anything, I don't worry per say, I just can't stop my brain from thinking....

annette030 replied to Anon_2912's response:
Try CBT again. It is not a cure all of course. it is something that I have used for many years, and expect to continue the rest of my life. It does help my response to my pain.

I also suffer from insomnia and have for many years. I recite in my mind prayers and poems that I memorized as a young person. This keeps my brain occupied and helps somewhat. I still have to take drugs of course. Thanks for "Evangaline", "Hiawatha", the Nicene Creed, the Apostles' Creed, and Our Father, and thanks for the teachers who made us memorize them.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hi, Dennis

Read the active ingredient labels. Sominex used to be the same as benadryl, diphenhydramine. It might be cheaper to get the generic.

I took diphenhydramine years before I took ambien, I ended up taking 5-6 capsules each night. My mouth was very dry, lips cracked, etc.

Best of luck to you. Insomnia sucks.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.