Skip to content
Eye Pain
Anon_183567 posted:
I'm not sure if this is the right board for this question.

This morning I woke up to eye pain; not a migraine headache or sinusitis but pain located in the eyes. I woke up throwing up this morning. This is normal if I have a migraine or if I'm pregnant; no migraine and I'm not pregnant. I've taken Ibuprophen earlier today and Tylenol a 1/2 hr ago. The only thing I can think of doing now is lying down with an ice pack on my eyes. The last time I saw an eye doctor was in 2004 at which time the eye doctor said i have Chronic Dry Eye and suggested I use eye drops and wear reading glasses. I have no vision problems with my eyes (great vision). The only time I do have some issues is when I get migraines (frequent) and I have blurred vision. Other than that, no problems with my eyes. I do not have diabetes. I have issues with my sinuses as well, but this does not act like a regular sinus infection.

I have medical insurance but no eye coverage. I'm wondering if its worth seeing an eye doctor (pay out of pocket) or is this something I sh ould see my regular doctor for?

annette030 responded:
See your regular doctor first, it may be a migraine, But, be prepared to see your eye doctor. Let your doctor know about the financial part of the deal.

All eye pain should be evaluated by your doctor.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.