Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

walgreens and pain meds
    nanaberg2013 posted:
    I receive pain meds from my Drs who see me once a month I have numerous conditions and have been on meds for a long time, today I went to Walgreens to fill my Dr written rx and they called my Dr and literally harassed them about my RSS then refused to fill them their new policy is to question our drs them say we don't need these meds and not fill them. If you are on pain meds pets and Dr are boycotting Walgreens for this arrogant practice what do u think about this

annette030 responded:
    I don't know anything about it, I filled a pain med RX at Walgreens recently here in Oregon and had no trouble at all, other than the safe holding the meds was on a time lock so I had to wait less than 30 minutes for it to open.

I don't understand the last sentence of your post, "If you are on pain meds pets and Dr. are boycotting..." What did you mean bu "pets"?

Go to another pharmacy if one is close by for your immediate needs, but be sure and report this to Walgreens boss folk so they know what is going on and how you feel about it.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Judging people with or without chronic pain
    I try not to judge people by anything they do if they aren't hurting themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, I know that I've been judge ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 8 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.