Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
walgreens and pain meds
nanaberg2013 posted:
I receive pain meds from my Drs who see me once a month I have numerous conditions and have been on meds for a long time, today I went to Walgreens to fill my Dr written rx and they called my Dr and literally harassed them about my RSS then refused to fill them their new policy is to question our drs them say we don't need these meds and not fill them. If you are on pain meds pets and Dr are boycotting Walgreens for this arrogant practice what do u think about this

annette030 responded:
I don't know anything about it, I filled a pain med RX at Walgreens recently here in Oregon and had no trouble at all, other than the safe holding the meds was on a time lock so I had to wait less than 30 minutes for it to open.

I don't understand the last sentence of your post, "If you are on pain meds pets and Dr. are boycotting..." What did you mean bu "pets"?

Go to another pharmacy if one is close by for your immediate needs, but be sure and report this to Walgreens boss folk so they know what is going on and how you feel about it.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.