Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Posting to the communities has been restored. Our technical team is still completing ongoing maintenance, and you may experience some technical problems.Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Doctor willing to prescribe pain meds in Connecticut
An_251762 posted:
I have been a resident of Central Connecticut for 7 years.
I am a generally healthy, hard-working, active professional and I really intend to be all of that for many years to come.
I am in my mid-50s, and in the last four years, I have suffered partial tears to meniscus in both knees, a fairly serious but only partial tear to my right quadriceps muscle, and - owing to some of the comprises I have to make in my movements, as a result of mildly to occasionally more annoying after effects of the previously mentioned injuries - last weekend it seems like I may have done something to injure my left hip, in planting some potatoes out in my backyard. I have done physical therapy in the past, and I really feel pretty much recovered from the quadriceps and latest meniscus tears, which happened last March. The sudden onset of this pain in my left hip, however, has me very much wanting to find a local family doctor who is at least willing to prescribe some real pain meds, perhaps over the course of a couple of months, if necessary, rather than recommend I take some Tylenol and do more physical therapy (which costs me $30 per session after insurance). I don't want to be addicted to pain meds, but I do want access to them when I need them. I'm sure my hip will get better, but I also have arthritis in my fingers and my feet, and I also want to know that I can have a prescription for something 'real' when I need it. If there is anyone out there who can recommend a 'family doctor' or a 'pain management speccialist' who would be willing to write a prescription for real pain meds, when they are needed, I would be most appreciative. Please email me at .
Thank you.
77grace responded:
HI and Welcome.
I read your post and I'm sorry that you got hurt but I do not know any Dr.s in that area and I don't really think any of us give out Dr.s names???Maybe I'm wrong but I have never seen it!Do you have insurance??I would start there and look around ,maybe ask friends of neighbors!
Best of Luck ,77grace

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.