Skip to content
extreme hip pain/1st time poster....
johnnylax posted:
hello out there.....first time posting on here. not sure if i'm in the right section. but i thought it might help to get some feedback here.

i've had both hips replaced in the last 3 years. i'm 50 years young. very active. phys ed teacher. in the last 2 months, i began getting stabbing, intense pain in my left hip. sometimes occasionally. sometimes for an hour. twice so bad i went to the emergency room because i could not walk.

i made an appt and went back to see my surgeon. he xrayed it and said it looks perfect. the pain is probably scar tissue tearing. that was a month ago. it was happening a month before i saw him. so it's been two months......and i still have days, hours, times when the pain is excruciating.....worse than before i had the hip replaced. anyone experience anything similar or have any thoughts? much appreciated! thank you!

Anon_57995 responded:
Perhaps an orthopedic surgeon is not the best MD option for your pain needs right now.

Have you considered consulting with a neurologist, as the pain may be nerve, rather than bone or joint, related.

I hope that you can find the help you need.

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.