extreme hip pain/1st time poster....
johnnylax posted:
hello out there.....first time posting on here. not sure if i'm in the right section. but i thought it might help to get some feedback here.

i've had both hips replaced in the last 3 years. i'm 50 years young. very active. phys ed teacher. in the last 2 months, i began getting stabbing, intense pain in my left hip. sometimes occasionally. sometimes for an hour. twice so bad i went to the emergency room because i could not walk.

i made an appt and went back to see my surgeon. he xrayed it and said it looks perfect. the pain is probably scar tissue tearing. that was a month ago. it was happening a month before i saw him. so it's been two months......and i still have days, hours, times when the pain is excruciating.....worse than before i had the hip replaced. anyone experience anything similar or have any thoughts? much appreciated! thank you!

Anon_57995 responded:
Perhaps an orthopedic surgeon is not the best MD option for your pain needs right now.

Have you considered consulting with a neurologist, as the pain may be nerve, rather than bone or joint, related.

I hope that you can find the help you need.