Skip to content
Pain in Elbow
confabber posted:
Hi,
I am a casual badminton and squash player who like to play at least twice a week with friends.

Around 6-7 month ago, I had tripped on a slippery floor at my home and fell with all the body weight on my right elbow. The doctor gave me some pain killers and Voren Gel(diclofenac), I felt better after a week or so and starting playing Badminton after 2 weeks.
However while playing I could still feel some pain in my elbow and stiffness & heat after the game otherwise the elbow was okay.

Within few weeks, the pain increased while playing and after about 3 weeks accidently I fell in the court while playing and this time agin hitting my wrist & same elbow on ground. There was some swelling on the lower arm below the elbow and it used to pain a lot when I moved the fingers or clinch my fist.

I went back to the doctor and he said that I should give the elbow total rest and not engage in any phyiscal activity such as badminton.

Since then I have stopped playing but the pain doesn't seem to go. There is a slight discomfort when I a try to expand my fingers apart or any activity that requires me to twist my wrist (eg.. using a screw driver).

I can feel pain when I press the both of V on my elbow (outer side of right hand). I had been hoping the body will recover with time since I am not doing any strenuous physical activity but the pain doesn't seem to recede.

Can anybody suggest what should I do ?

Thanks

lorigibs40734 responded:
Hi! Has your doctor recommended an EMG to see if any nerves are pinched? Could possibly be a pinched nerve, or could be "tennis elbow" .

If he hasn't recommended it, ask him about it. I had/have carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel (think funny bone) and even after surgery, can barely grasp a gallon of milk. I won't tell you how many coffee pots I've dropped

My fingers on the right hand won't go together. I have to concentrate really hard and then it just ends up a V and my pinky is permanently hooked inward.

Please see your doctor. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted!

Lori

confabber replied to lorigibs40734's response:
Thanks for your advise Lori.
I will ask the doctor about EMG when I go to see him later this week.

Thanks

lorigibs40734 replied to confabber's response:
Good luck and keep us posted!!

Lori

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.