Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain & media/television
An_252283 posted:
Why is it, that everytime I watch tv, they flood information on abuse of pain meds, but never seem to address all of the people who don't abuse meds and how many people need them to function? The shows on tv never show the effects of people abusing them, hurt so many people that need them. It just seems so unfair, that the people who are in so much pain are never heard, Dr Oz had the guts & did an hour show, dealing with people in pain, besides that it feels like people in severe pain get swept under the rug, and they are forgotten, or there seems to be a huge stigma, reconizing who needs help & who just wants drugs, I just don't understand why talk shows and media ignore,people in pain,it's sad

dfromspencer responded:
Yes, it is sad, very sad!!!

I have to agree with you 100%!!!

Thank you, Dr. Oz!!!
LIVE LONG-LOVE WELL!!!

77grace responded:
Hi 252283,
I agree!!!I also suffer from chronic pain !I wish they woulds follow one of us around who is really bad and disabled from it and they could see that we are not having a partym and just doing Drugs!!!

SO....Let's start some sort of discussion on that!!
Don't be a stranger,77grace

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.