Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cervical fusion surgery in 20122
An_252295 posted:
I had a cervical fusion surgery in 2011 C5.C6.and C7.Corpectomy of c6
I have a metal plate and plastic discs in my neck. I have serve nerve damage and vocal cord damage as well. I get numbness and zaps of nerve pain from my jaw right down to my fingers so painful. My neck throbs like a tooth ache 24/7 a headache that never goes away.. I have gone back to my surgeon he says there's nothing he can do I see a pain management doctor he has me on a pain medicine but that doesn't help. I do my physical therapy everyday. I learned not to carry my purse on my shoulder. I'm in so much pain that drives me nuts. You would think surgery would make the pain stop and you could life a normal healthy life. So I thought I suffer silently. So much I can't do anymore like golf or even go swimming I fine myself driving less and less. I keep doing research
on cervical fusion side effects. I know we can't give up we have to keep fighting our pain everyday.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Sleepy
I have been on the same pain medication with no change and all of the sudden I can't stay awake and am losing weight. Has anyone else had ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.