Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Inpain03
An_252302 posted:
Hi My name is Craig and I have been in pain for 2 years. I have been in 2 car accidents about 1 year apart. I have seen a physical therapist for 4 months on my first car accident and 8 months of chiropractic care. I have had 3 injections that really did not work. I was diagnosed with protrusion and bulging discs in my neck and my back had bulging, and protrusion in my l3,l4,l5,l6, s1. My pain level was at about a 3 when I got into the second accident. When i had the second car accident I have a herniated disc in c5-6 which I have had surgery on. In my back I have a herniated disc on l5, s1, and protrusions on c3c4. Treatment that I have been through so far is 3 months chiropractic and physical therapy for 3 1/2 months. When seeing the chiropractor I received treatment on the DRX 9000 (stretching the spine), and regular adjustment. I have also have done the massages. Through the physical therapy I have been doing pool exercises. I just started droning land exercises, I have had and EMG test done. Nothing seems to help. They have suggested a discography. All of the doctors have told me to have surgery except a neurosurgeon that I do not trust, I plan on seeking a second opinion on a different neurosurgeon. Does anyone have any advise on what I should.

Sincerely, Craig

77grace responded:
I'll try this again,I just tied to get bk to you but kept getting interupted by my dogs!!!
I also suffer chronic back pain and I wish I knew the magic thing mfor you but???
I also have had 2 very risky neck surgery's Please get a coulple of opinions ,It's weird how they vary!!!LOOK UP the Dr.credencials!Let me know how your doing ,I'm here alot!!
Blessyou 77grace

Anon_1421 responded:
I would say get a second and maybe even third opinion-you might try posting also on the back pain support board, they might have some advice for you-http://exchanges.webmd.com/back-pain-exchange
Good luck and I hope you find relief-

Inpain03 replied to 77grace's response:
I'm currently getting a second opinion. I'm going through my neurosurgeon. Dr. Negib, he did my neck surgery he work on the whole spine. I believe he also works on the brain. I have checked his credentials. He is one of the best in the country.

Thanks for your response. Craig

Inpain03 replied to Anon_1421's response:
I'm currently getting a second opinion. I'm going through my neurosurgeon. Dr. Negib, he did my neck surgery he works on the whole spine. I believe he also works on the brain. I have checked his credentials. He is one of the best in the country.

Thanks for your response. Craig

77grace replied to Inpain03's response:
Hi Inpain03,
I am glad you are gettimg a second opinion,surgery is no fun and I know that I am blessed because I had a great surgeon !I hope he is the one your looking for ,good luck!
Stay in touch after ,it will help to have someone to relate to,I wish I had ,it would have made recovery a bit easier ,I think!
Take care ,77grace

annette030 replied to Inpain03's response:
Just make sure the second opinion is from a doctor who is not in the same practice as your neurosurgeon.

It is ALWAYS good to get a second opinion for elective surgery, doctors are good bout this, they do understand.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

how do you live with chronic pain
how do you live with pain everyday More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 62 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.