Inpain03
An_252302 posted:
Hi My name is Craig and I have been in pain for 2 years. I have been in 2 car accidents about 1 year apart. I have seen a physical therapist for 4 months on my first car accident and 8 months of chiropractic care. I have had 3 injections that really did not work. I was diagnosed with protrusion and bulging discs in my neck and my back had bulging, and protrusion in my l3,l4,l5,l6, s1. My pain level was at about a 3 when I got into the second accident. When i had the second car accident I have a herniated disc in c5-6 which I have had surgery on. In my back I have a herniated disc on l5, s1, and protrusions on c3c4. Treatment that I have been through so far is 3 months chiropractic and physical therapy for 3 1/2 months. When seeing the chiropractor I received treatment on the DRX 9000 (stretching the spine), and regular adjustment. I have also have done the massages. Through the physical therapy I have been doing pool exercises. I just started droning land exercises, I have had and EMG test done. Nothing seems to help. They have suggested a discography. All of the doctors have told me to have surgery except a neurosurgeon that I do not trust, I plan on seeking a second opinion on a different neurosurgeon. Does anyone have any advise on what I should.

Sincerely, Craig

77grace responded:
I'll try this again,I just tied to get bk to you but kept getting interupted by my dogs!!!
I also suffer chronic back pain and I wish I knew the magic thing mfor you but???
I also have had 2 very risky neck surgery's Please get a coulple of opinions ,It's weird how they vary!!!LOOK UP the Dr.credencials!Let me know how your doing ,I'm here alot!!
Blessyou 77grace

Anon_1421 responded:
I would say get a second and maybe even third opinion-you might try posting also on the back pain support board, they might have some advice for you-http://exchanges.webmd.com/back-pain-exchange
Good luck and I hope you find relief-

Inpain03 replied to 77grace's response:
I'm currently getting a second opinion. I'm going through my neurosurgeon. Dr. Negib, he did my neck surgery he work on the whole spine. I believe he also works on the brain. I have checked his credentials. He is one of the best in the country.

Thanks for your response. Craig

Inpain03 replied to Anon_1421's response:
I'm currently getting a second opinion. I'm going through my neurosurgeon. Dr. Negib, he did my neck surgery he works on the whole spine. I believe he also works on the brain. I have checked his credentials. He is one of the best in the country.

Thanks for your response. Craig

77grace replied to Inpain03's response:
Hi Inpain03,
I am glad you are gettimg a second opinion,surgery is no fun and I know that I am blessed because I had a great surgeon !I hope he is the one your looking for ,good luck!
Stay in touch after ,it will help to have someone to relate to,I wish I had ,it would have made recovery a bit easier ,I think!
Take care ,77grace

annette030 replied to Inpain03's response:
Just make sure the second opinion is from a doctor who is not in the same practice as your neurosurgeon.

It is ALWAYS good to get a second opinion for elective surgery, doctors are good bout this, they do understand.

Take care, Annette