Pain Doctor wanted me gone IMO
moodus posted:
Well, I had been in PM for the last 2-3 years after being referred there by my NP from ortho office. Well, initially, all was fine and in fact, it was no issues or anything until my last (and it was my last) visit on 6/3/2013.
I went to this unscheduled appointment after reporting an allergic reaction to Percocet. It wasn't the first time I had problems with it, but this effect was, by far, THE worst. Anyway, went into doctor office at Pm on that Monday morning. They gave me the 1st apt of the day. They asked for a urine test, which I've done and had zero problems with. After waiting a few more minutes, they put me (and I had a close friend in with me) to the office to wait and see doctor. He came in, asked what was wrong...He then started flipping through a few pages of my folder and said "It seems you've been going back and forth with this medicine and the Norco you usually use" I said, well, if there wasn't a problem with it for me and if you had more than 3 choices of what to do or take I may not be experiencing this now. He then said fine, I'll go ahead and never give you the Percocet again and keep you on the Norco. Now we all know that Norco's can be called into a pharmacy without a actual prescription but he was writing this on a prescription pad...handed it to me and said that, if I return the unused Percocets (did I forget to say I told him I dumped them down my garbage disposal...oops) and you can get your Norco. Well, I went to tell him that I did get rid of the remaining pills I had b/c I was so scared from the reaction (They NEVER asked for any pills be returned to pharmacy or them or anything before this) and he took off out of the room telling me "Good luck with my surgery and off he disappeared...I immediately went to the nurse/women at the desk and explained that I needed to let him know I didn't have my pills b/c I destroyed them...she went and told him in his next patients room...she came back out and said "He said he cannot do anything for you...you were told to take them back..." I said, he didn't give me a chance to even say what I did...she just shrugged...
I was mortified b/c I didn't have any medicine to take at that point and I needed those for my knees...I called them a few times on my way back home and finally, I get that the woman said "He said you changed your story and he discharged you". That made things even worse...I could not believe it. I "had" surgery scheduled and the ortho was mandating I use this pain clinic for after surgery..I called and explained that to him and he cancelled my surgery! I was in a world of hurt and everything that was all set, was now falling down to zero. I called the PM AGAIN, and told them what the surgeon did and then this woman said that my urine came back with nothing in it and they could no longer help me...I took my meds all the way until that appointment...How could my urine be clean???
Anyone else ever experience this mess? It's more detailed, but done with this book...Someone write..

blessedladyptl responded:
I believe alot of your problems are because you said this "I said, well, if there wasn't a problem with it for me and if you had more than 3 choices of what to do or take I may not be experiencing this now." And finding another dr that will write your pain meds probably will be very difficult. You might want to get a copy of your medical records to read what your dr wrote.

moodus replied to blessedladyptl's response:
It may be true what you say, but this guy was not even listening to me at that last appointment...talked right over me...Even my friend in he appointment said the same thing to me...I believe he was done with me, felt I lied (WHICH I DID NOT) and cast me aside...Needless to say, I am 10 days with no medicine and even though the pain is unbearable, I am tempted to just deal with it until I get my knee replaced...Don't want to get caught up in that vicious cycle again...
Thank you for your response...I am still perusing this with the PM though b/c I need to, at the very least, to say my peace.

blessedladyptl replied to moodus's response:
Do you mean you're perusing a new PM dr or your old one ?

An_251837 replied to blessedladyptl's response:
Not sure if the original poster moodus means perusing or pursuing.

PERUSE or PERUSING
pe?ruse (p-rz)tr.v. pe?rused, pe?rus?ing, pe?rus?es To read or examine, typically with great care.
PURSUE

pur"022sue (p 259r 2C8su)
v. -sued, -su"022ing.

1. to follow in order to overtake, capture, kill, etc.; chase. 2. to follow close upon; attend: Bad luck pursued us. 3. to strive to attain or accomplish (a goal, purpose, etc.). 4. to proceed in accordance with (a method, plan, etc.). 5. to carry on or continue (a course of action, inquiry, etc.): to pursue one's studies. 6. to continue to annoy or trouble. 7. to practice (an occupation or pastime). 8. to continue to discuss (a subject). 9. to follow: to pursue a river to its source.

moodus,

Clarification would help us understand your intent and support you better.

moodus replied to An_251837's response:
Okay...NOT "capturing or killing...I meant that I am PERSUING this matter further to make sure that my name is cleared. It has been made very clear to me, from my new NP at the (new, old...had her before and she was the one who referred me to this PM office around 3 years ago) orthopedic office I went to yesterday, that it is completely impossible for my urine sample to come back negative after using what I did, for as long as I did....even if I stopped it a day or two earlier, she said it would definitely still show traces of the medicine. I was told that, if I did want to continue my quest for justice of sorts against this previous PM doctor, that I would have needed to have taken a new UT right away. Unfortunately, with cloudy mind and being sick for the days that I was, it just did not occur to me to do so. So, I resort to just verifying things for myself.
I can say that the person who was in that fateful appointment with me has already written a brief, but to the point letter to that office and explained their relationship with me, the many (more) years she had known myself and my family and how she herself, would have turned me in had she even suspected I had done something wrong. I major error was disposing of the medicine I had. I was not thinking and was afraid, and that is where we stand. I understand all contracts do require you to not dispose of these medicines, but that was my mistake.
I will move from here. I have knee replacement surgery scheduled in July and have been without medicine for almost 2 weeks now and my mind is amazingly clear and I feel 100 times better. Even with the pain I have, it's still better to have my life back in MY control, instead of the medicine.

blessedladyptl replied to moodus's response:
I'm glad things are getting better. Thanks for the update.