Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right Ear Pain
An_252459 posted:
I have a off and on pain in my outer right ear. Feels like it is where my ear connects to my head, not down in the ear drum area. It is sort of a lighting bolt slow nerve throbbing pain. Each throb last about 1 second. It does not match my heart beat. It comes and goes. I think I can bring it on by turning my neck in a certain direction. What could be causing this? and is this something I need to be concerned about. Been going on for 2-3 days.

belledoty responded:
I have a similar issue with my right ear for about 2 years off & on. I get adjusted by my chiropractor regularly and he is baffled too. Mine seem to be limited to cold, snowy, full moon days. Weird! They last anywhere from an hour to a full day. Afterwards I feel wiped out. Not much helps. I took ibuprofen tonight hoping it will calm down. Also using a warm wash cloth to sooth it. I've thought about having my wisdom teeth out to see if that would help but my dentist actually doesn't think I should. Who would have thought they wouldn't want to take them out? I'm just going to keep on the way I'm doing things unless someone comes up with a better solution. Good luck! I feel for you, the pain I have is the worst I've ever felt.

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.