Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rib Pain
jmathis04 posted:
I'm looking for some help. I'm not sure if I have just pulled muscle, or something more I should go to Dr. for.

I had had this pain for about 3 days now in my left ribcage. It is very tender to touch near my breast bone and again on the far left side. It feels very muscular, when you touch the tender parts, it almost feels like a knot you would get in your back/neck. It hurts, yet feels so good to rub it. It hurts worse when I'm laying down or trying to cough. I don't remember doing anything to cause this. Should I be more concerned?

Earlier, I was in tears from trying to get up from laying down. But then early today, I was able to kayak for 3 hours. It was sore, but not enough to stop it, but when I laid down, it was unbearable.

Any suggestions?

davedsel responded:
Hello.

It is both impossible and against the rules in all WebMD communities to offer any type of diagnosis or medical advice. It does sound to me like you need to see your doctor asap. If your pain gets worse you would be wise to get to an urgent care facility or a hospital emergency room IMHO.

I pray you can get treatment and relief soon.
Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.