Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Severe Back Pain
Irnman12 posted:
I have severe pain in area in my ribs halfway up my back to the right of my spine and only on my right side. Could this be something else other than a muscle strain? It hurts to move my body and I could feel it when I take a deep breath.

davedsel responded:
Hello.

Sorry, but it is both impossible and against the rules in all WebMD communities to offer any type of diagnosis or medical advice. You need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel replied to Irnman12's response:
These communities no longer have moderators. The members are expected to inform others of the rules and policies. I am simply informing you of the facts.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

77grace responded:
Hi ,
I am sorry for you that you are experiencing all this pain ,I also suffer from chronic neck and back pain!Sometimes it just helps to share with others who can relate!But we cannot take the place of a Dr.!
So go see your Dr. and hopefully he can help with meds or whatever!
God be with you , 77 grace

David Maine, MD responded:
Thank you for your post. You should see you doctor about this. The symptoms you describe could arise from a number of different propblems. An clinical exam and perhaps imaging may be neccesary to define a clear diagnosis for you. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

want to know if anyone has gone threw the pain im having
got a bulgin disc between c5 c6 pain goes form my neck all down my spain threw my back... the lower part of my back is swollen.... have ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.