Skip to content
Fractured Foot
Questions22 posted:
Hello,
I got into a dirt bike accident on June 7th, 2013. I self diagnosed that my foot was fractured due to minor swelling and very slight discomfort. It has now been approximately 3 1/2 weeks. There is pretty much no swelling (if any) although there is still a little discoloration (not really bruising). I have been able to walk on it (though I know I shouldn't) with a bit of a limp and some discomfort (no real pain so to speak). I didn't ice it until maybe 2 1/2 wks after the accident and didn't get crutches until around the same time. I was simple limping putting as little weight on it as possible. My question is, do I need to get an xray or is it to late for that. Also, are my current symptoms normal at this point of the healing process or should I be concerned? Overall I feel its healing as it looks better and typically feels better or about the same. Again, there is little to no pain and the slight swelling comes and goes.. typically after a shower. but it subsides.
Thank you,

misskitty82 responded:
Hi,

I just got diagnosed with a foot fracture. After a few months of some strange random pain I decided to just go to the doctor and had some x-rays plus an MRI because generally fractures do not show up in x-rays until they are healing. Right now I have to wear a walking boot for a few weeks. Not fun especially in the middle of summer. My advice would be to go see a podiatrist and get an x-ray at least. The thing with fractures is if they do not heal properly they could potentially become a full break. Then you possibly might need surgery or an actual cast with very limited mobility. Good luck.

Questions22 replied to misskitty82's response:
Thanks for replying. Got an xray. Doc did there is no fracture. Possibly a bruised or ruptured tendon. Do to the lack of pain and all the movement my foot has its likely not a torn ligament. So she recommended icing it, taking motrin, elevating it, and wrapping it. She said there isn't anything a orthopedic could do other than recommend what I just mentioned.
Thanks again

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

Opana and sweating
I take Opana ER, Vicodin, Soma for arthritis pain and compressed nerve root. I also take Zoloft and Klonopin for depression and anxiety. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.