Skip to content
Night upper back Pain
healthtrack101 posted:
My back pain is upper middle seems very close to the diaphragm or bottom of the lungs except in the back is where the pain is. I can't sleep at night without waking up 4 or 5 times. what's crazy is that I can't sleep in normal position which is laying flat on my back. I would have to result in going to the couch and sleep like almost sitting position to better relieve it although there is still pain but less at sitting position.. what's funny is that as soon as I stand up then it goes away gradually in about 2 to 5 minutes. repeats every night the same. the pain hurts real bad and feels right a sharp needle is about to poke my lungs if I don't move or get up.. I cant sleep on any of the sides either and only standing or sitting straight up would relieve it.. once im up the rest of the day is fine,,, no restriction on movements or pain. I do the gym and go to exercise and run a couple of miles 4 to 5 times a week. it does not limit any of my ability in doing any exercise as if I don't have any back pain at all. Night time is like a nightmare and it's like im not looking forward to go to sleep cause I know I have to concurred my monster every night for the past 2 months. what's funny is that is doesn't hurt immediately, it gradually let me sleep for about 2 hours and then for the rest of the night I would have to get up for 4 or 5 times

_swank_ responded:
Sounds like it's time to see a doctor, find the cause and get some treatment.

ctbeth responded:
Hello Healthtrack101,

It is against the rules of this group to post a link that advertises an MD or medical group. The link that Sam1985 posted leads to an info-mercial type advertisement for an ortho grop in NYC.

Might I suggest consulting first with your primary care MD?

Since your symptoms could indicate something other than bone, muscle, and joint dysfunction (which is customarily treated by orthopaedics), your primary care MD would need to evaluate you for a diagnosis that may-or-may-not be an orthopaedic issue.

Rest assured that your primary care MD can refer you to an orthopaedic MD should the cause for your symptoms, indeed, be of an orthopaedic origin.

Best wishes,

Beth

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

TylenolExpert
Overdoses from acetaminophen send thousands of people to the emergency room in the U.S. each year according the Centers for Disease Control ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.